Friday, December 18, 2009

One year anniversay of the start of my Plantar Fasciitis saga

For the first part of the story see the Post dated 11/19/2009.
Also, for information on Plantar Fasciitis use the following link to the
Foot Conditions page on the Pedag USA website.

I went on a 9 day trip to visit relatives on the east coast earlier this month. Before I left, my plantar fasciitis related heel pain was bad enough that I could not walk even a few blocks without pain. So I went to my podiatrist again just before I left for another silicone injection so that I could get around while I was away. My podiatrist said I was an obstinate case. It seems some people get better after a round of silicone injections, OTC orthotics and massage. Not me. In my case, I can expect everything to take longer.
So after my shot I went on my trip. Unfortunately, the pain did not appreciably improve. My trip was a happy one but not because I could walk around comfortably.
When I got back I planned to see my podiatrist again. However, I am putting it off because every once in a while I realize that the pain is virtually gone! Then the pain comes back, in a different spot on my heel and then it goes away again!
I think I will wait and see what is going on before I make an appointment.
I'll let you know if anything changes or if a new therapy is successful.

Happy New Year!
Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment